Sunday, March 16, 2008

Food Miles Explaind on the Mainstream!

I am an admitted weather geek. While doing computer work or, well, just about anything else at the house, the TV will probably be tuned to the Weather Channel. Just out of the corner of my perception I hear the words 'food miles' What? Yes, the Weather Channel was airing a Forecast Earth program on how to calculate food miles. And it was surprisingly educational while still being easy to understand for the typical non-farmer.

It is a good program. I went to their web site here at the Weather Channel website, and found quite a few nice programs; educational while simple to understand for the average person. I highly recommend surfing there and watching a few.

The actual "Food Miles" program can be viewed by surfing here and watching Forecast Earth, Part 3.

No comments: