Thursday, May 15, 2008

Buying the Farm

Literally, not figuratively! After a lengthy conversation with the IRS a few days ago, I spent some time thinking about my monetary situation. Three credit cards, truck loan payment, motorcycle loan payment, a bill consolidation loan, alimony, insurance, etc... etc... Now a monthly IRS payment. Hello moonlighting!

Secondary jobs aside, I also thought about how I am going to afford moving and paying for a farm. Yes, I have thought about this before. It is something that pokes at my mind from time to time. Monetary wealth is not that important to me, but money is necessary given my current situation...

So, I will be moonlighting if I can. Most of my personal things are sold already, so no cash there. Any suggestions on money making ideas? The wilder the better!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you considered "Working Solutions", a business that contracts for telephone "order takers' for products sold on TV. They have 28,000 workers, many part time, who work from home. They say you can earn $10 to $14/hr. Also, if you work for them, you don't have to commute in a car! I am looking into them myself as well as a couple of their competitors. I need part time work too.

Kano said...

How about get a part-time or weekend job working on a farm? Considering your goal, that could be a valuable experience. -I noticed you have the "Foxfire" books on your sidebar. I used to love reading those! Lot's of great ideas on how things used to be done and in a lot of ways done better and using less resorces. Great blog -keep up the good work man! I'll put a link to it.

Kano said...

I had another thought. You could put a "dontation" link on your sidebar which you can get through PayPal. Then encourage your readers to help you achieve your dream.

Farmer Ken said...

Hey, Kano. That's a great idea! A little 'Tip Jar' to help fund my little dream. Hmmmm.....

Maybe now that my little motorcycle trip is done, I could focus a little on that.

Oh, the Firefox books. I really loved reading my grandpa's copies. Unfortunately that was decades ago. Maybe I need to get my own copies and re-read them.