Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Little Reading

This week I had little time to read or do much research. That not withstanding, I do have a few reading suggestions for this week.


My first suggestion is highly rated on Amazon and I have leafed through it at my local book store. You Can Farm: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Start & Succeed in a Farming Enterprise by Joel Salatin is a wonderful book, full of information and empowerment. This is definitely a book worth reading.


Another book that looks good is Small Scale Livestock Farming: A Grass-Based Approach for Health, Sustainability, and Profit by Carol Ekarius. With good reviews, this book covers topics of interest to the small livestock farmer who wants to operate a grass-fed system.


My last recommendation is Five Acres and Independence by Maurice G. Kains. This looks to be a beautiful and functional book about the entire back-to-the-land movement, highlighting self sufficiency and the mechanics of making it all work..


Happy Reading!












No comments: