Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Oh, glorious barn!

Barns Are Beautiful! Yes, I think I want that as a bumper sticker. I love old, well built barns. The huge hayloft; the wooden beams; the red exterior. To me, old barns are are a wonderful expression of strength and peace and productivity and solitude. They are the flagships of the rural lifestyle.

Now here is an idea - remodeling a barn into a house. Sound tough? Perhaps, however it is probably easier than my other construction idea; a castle-like farmhouse!

So, here are a few links to barn remodeling info on the net:

This Old House
Home and Garden TV

And, as recommended by me... Barns and Back Buildings by Donald Berg.


Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many resources on the internet for this sort of renovation project. All the better! Adventures on a road less traveled are much more enjoyable and exhilarating.

No comments: